Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between a typical headshot and one from WorkShots?
WorkShots comes to you. By photographing people in and around their own environments, we make our subjects feel more relaxed and in-control than they ever could in a photo studio. That little extra boost of confidence that people feel is the special sauce that makes our pictures better than the rest.
Can you do traditional headshots with simple seamless backgrounds, group shots, or shots of our office or facilities?
We love making pictures, and strive to accommodate all requests. We can match the style of almost any pre-existing photography, including those against standard photographic backgrounds. Group shots and architectural images are also available, but the best results may require advance planning. Talk to your photographer before the shoot about options and pricing.
How can I use my WorkShot?
If you purchase the Web Only package, you may use your images in any digital context- websites, social media, email and videos. With the Unlimited package, you get all the Web Only rights, plus you may also use your pictures in a variety of print applications like annual reports, newspaper and magazine ads. With either package, you may use the images for as long as you like- there are no time restrictions on your usage rights.
How can you work so quickly?
Prior to a shoot, we scout the location and create an organized plan that is minimally disruptive to your operation. Our professional equipment is highly mobile, which enables us to move quickly from location to location within your facility—usually between 10 to 15 minutes per subject.
When do I see a proof?
What about retouching?
Less is more, at least when it comes to retouching for professionals, but everyone wants to look their best. That’s why we use a light hand in Photoshop so you still look like you. As part of every package, we offer the following basic retouching services:
- Blemish removal (pimples, scratches, razor nicks and the like)
- Eye and teeth whitening
- Shine removal (digital powder)
More extensive retouching services are available for an additional fee. Talk to your photographer about your specific needs to determine timing and pricing. Extra time may be required for additional retouching.
- Guarantee: All workShots photography is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you aren’t happy with the quality of the work we deliver or the professional conduct of our photographers on site, we’ll work with you to make it right or we’ll give you your money back, no questions asked.
- Minimum Order: Our minimum order for location photography is $375 (3 subjects). We will be happy to come out to shoot one or two people, but the minimum price remains the same.
- Payment: Payment in full is due prior to your shoot date. We gladly accept checks and all major credit cards. No work will be performed without payment in full.
- Cancelation/Rescheduling: Change is a constant in the business world. We understand and make every effort to reschedule your shoot in a timely fashion when something unexpected comes up. 24 hour notice is required for any scheduling changes. No refunds will be offered for changes without notice. workShots is not responsible for absent or late subjects. Customers are responsible for the full price for any scheduled subjects unavailable for the day and time of the shoot.